Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving

So much to be thankful for.....

First my faith, which is a gift from God.  How long I lived in the darkness and my mortal sins and He broke through my darkness and desperation and called me back by name.  Such a gift!  I was never worthy and will be never worthy, but I begged, He said yes, and I said yes.  Sigh....so much to be thankful for!

Secondly being an American woman is a great gift.  I could be anywhere in the world and I have the good fortunate of living the in land of the free and home of the brave.  Where women have the same opportunity as men and I don't have to worry about soldiers raiding my home.  I can speak my mind and raise my children as I see fit.  I have access to safe food, water and medical care.  Sigh.....I love this country!

Thirdly I am blessed with my dear family.  I have a wonderful, faithful, hardworking husband who loves me.  We have six AWESOME children. (And that isn't just me saying it, others say it too!)  We are healthy and happy and generally get along well most of the time.  Sigh....I am not worthy of this gift!

I could go and on.  As the depth of heart and soul sing out to the Lord for all of his blessings.  May I sing his praises for all eternity!  Now that is something to be grateful for....

a good mother would!

No comments:

Post a Comment