Saturday, November 23, 2013

invited.....

I have repeatedly attempted to nag encourage our daughter to be much more involved with our parish Life Teen program.  These teens are ON FIRE with the Holy Spirit, and I so want her to experience it.

So every attempt has been made to "go be with your friends", "do you want to join them" and other such types of statements.  They were always met with, "I"m good where I'm at".  And I would let it go.

But last Sunday something extraordinary happened.

Her best friend asked her to join her and the other teens.  My daughter said yes.  All it took was an invitation.

How many people have you invited to be closer to the Lord?

My answer is not is as good as I'd like.  But to have witnessed the power of an invitation right before my eyes has changed my perspective, and convicted me.  How many lives would have a closer relationship with Christ if I had asked them to join me?

I'm going to look for opportunities to invite people to join in parish activities and to go to mass to discover Him who loves them more than I ever could.

A good mother would!

No comments:

Post a Comment