Monday, March 25, 2013

to persevere...

We are trying to sell our house.  With 6 kids and a 100 # laboradoodle that is an elephant in disguise, it was impossible to keep the house clean.  So we moved out.

Yes it's true.  Double house payments, double gas bill, double water and electric.  I'm not complaining because we can make the payments and we feel that it is God's plan.  The house will sell when it is time.  But it is still hard.

I bought the St. Joseph statue and refused to bury it.  I couldn't bring myself to put a statue in the ground.  I put it in a window sill.  And the house didn't sell.

After the New Year everyone I met was like, "Bury it, everyone we know who buried it had their house sell in X amount of days".

So I caved.

We had a verbal offer the next day.  The deal fell through, but still.

And then last week we had mass at work.  And for the intercessions I asked for our house to sell.  The priest said with a scowl, "did you bury the statue?"

I really didn't want to answer that.  I told him the WHOLE story about how I long I had held out....

He then said, "Well I guess it's lucky for the martyrs that they didn't cave in at the last moment".  CONVICTED!!! OUCH!!!

It's been 18 days and we've only had one showing.

As SOON as the ground thaws, that statue is coming out of the ground!!!

Because that is what...

a good mother would do!

No comments:

Post a Comment