Sunday, March 17, 2013

last Sunday in Lent....

About mid way through January I went into a panic about Lent.

I was not ready, either mentally or spiritually.   Ash Wednesday was too early and I was too busy to take the time to really get ready.  Writing that sounds really lame to me now.

Lent came anyway and I managed to get in the mind set and help my children as well.  It hasn't been one of my better Lents, but it hasn't been an epic failure either.

And now it is the last Sunday of Lent.  Now I need more time both mentally and spiritually to get ready for Easter.  I have so much more to do spiritually to get ready.  I have just found my "Lenten sea legs", so to speak, and I really want to hone these skills some more before the joy of Easter gets here.  I want to "feel" like I've really conquered some vices during this Lent.  Writing that sounds really lame to me now!

Cause, you know it's all about me and what I can do!!!! Good grief...need humility much?!?!?

So...on this last Sunday of Lent, I will clearly have to pray for the grace to hone these skills that were a gift from God to start with and ask that these remaining days continue to make me a better child of God...

a good mother would....

No comments:

Post a Comment