Saturday, January 12, 2013

taking advantage

I missed going to Confession during Advent.  I hate missing it right before major solemnities.  So today I resolved that I would make it.  Wrote out the schedule and planned for it TODAY!

As I was preparing to leave I did a mental check of who had gone recently just so I wouldn't have to put a guilt trip on anyone about going.  They had all been with their classes at school, so it was optional today and no guilt trips required.

I was so pleasantly surprised when Buggie and T-Rex said they would go!!!  Love, love, love it when teenagers decide to take advantage of receiving sacraments!  And we went to mass right afterwards, so I'm sure their souls are still glowing.  What a great day!

Also, did you know that it is really easy to take down your Christmas tree when it's 56 degrees outside?!?! I think it is the fastest I've ever gotten it down and I'm sure that it is because it feels like spring today! Bad weather is rolling in, but was so grateful for the snow melt and warm weather to take advantage of putting boxes away in moderate temps.

Blessed indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment