Sunday, January 20, 2013

claiming the throne....

Does your house have a recliner that is set off to the side of the room and has the BEST view of the TV?

Our house does and that recliner is usually claimed by my BS (beloved spouse). Since a man is the king of his castle, I call that chair the throne.   When it isn't being occupied by him, I have noticed that RHM has claimed it.  His stuff is laying in a heap on the floor on the right side of the chair.  Considering how little he is here, I'm seeing that stuff laying on the floor more than I am seeing him.  I think a new rule should be that if you want throne privileges, you need to clean up your stuff.

I went to early mass this morning with Wickers.  When we came home, I noticed that he was sitting in the throne. The BS and RHM aren't here so clearly that was an invite, or opportunity seized, (I'm not sure which) to sit on the throne.  It occurred to me that even though my husband wasn't here I never considered sitting in that chair. I guess it had become BS territory and it was his, even if he wasn't here.

I've decided to change that.  So today, I will be claiming the throne.  I will be sitting in the best seat to watch the NFL play offs with my feet raised and my stuff laying on top of RHM's stuff.  I may even ask for a crown:

a good mother would!

No comments:

Post a Comment