Friday, August 15, 2014

it begins again....

Another school year has started.

The tight schedule, the demands of "Mom, sign this" and "Mom, I need this" with the occasional, "Mom, buy this" have begun.

How I loathe it.

This year was different. The kids looked through the school supply box and let me know what they needed because it wasn't in there. I made a list, bought it all and put it on the table. They picked out what they needed, put in their book bags and were finished. It was done.

I didn't check it. Not once.

It was a lot of fun to see them be accountable. And a whole lot easier on me!

My daughter will be driving them back and forth to school. I won't have to make a morning school run ever again. Or so I thought. And then my daughter's car broke down and now I have to drive them again.

I am so glad!!!

Making that drive was more important to me than I realized. I knew I would miss it. I just didn't know how much, until it was gone!!!!

So grateful for their independence and for the ability to drive, for a little while longer!!!!

a good mother would!

No comments:

Post a Comment