Friday, March 7, 2014

no discipline.

So....here we are. 3 days into Lent.

Such high expectations! Such plans!

UUUGGGGHHH!

What was I thinking? And seriously, why is it painful to give up my car radio, when there are thousands of people in the world that don't have clean water, food and shelter. And I'm all like, I want my radio!

W.O.W. Perspective much???

I also gave up facebook. So now instead of scrolling news feed, I'm trying to find other things to fill that void on the computer.

Here is the purpose of Lent: to fill that void with the LORD. I know that. And yet I am still seeking that "other" stuff. I even know that I'm doing it, and I can't stop.

I am thankful for Lent to have a time of encouragement, when the whole Church as a community moves towards being better servants of the Lord. I know that I'm not alone and am encouraged by other's examples.

I guess I can cut myself some slack since I know that it is just 3 days. A marathon, not a sprint!

Redouble my efforts and be grateful that I can try again!

a good mother would.....

No comments:

Post a Comment