Thursday, January 9, 2014

Growing up

The weather here has been.....wintery.

We have positively LOVED it.  On Monday our city shut down and the whole family was forced to stay home.  I. Did. Not. Get. Dressed.  I did not clean one thing in this house.  I baked. I watched TV. I hung out with my husband.  All the while my children were doing their own thing.

It. Was. Glorious!!!

They have been home all week.

Last night, the "School is canceled, again" conversation went like this;

"Wickers, your school is closed, again.  How does 3 weeks of Christmas vacation feel?"


"It feels like what it must be like to be in college.  I feel grown up".

The fact that he knows that, at 12, does make him a little more grown up than I like.  In 6 short years he will, in deed, be home for Christmas break for 3 weeks.

All grown up.  Too soon.

Thanks wintery weather, I'm going to hang on to this break as long as I can!

A good mother would!


No comments:

Post a Comment