Sunday, July 21, 2013

done 3.....

We had a family paper route.  I can't remember if it was 5 or 6 years.  It doesn't really matter.  It was a long time of 6 days week, 12 months a year for several years on end.  I estimated it was about 110,000 papers in rain, snow, heat.  All holidays except for Easter because we didn't deliver on Sundays.

We gave it up.  Done at last.  My husband is ECSTATIC!  We had to plan our lives everyday around the delivery of those papers.  Christmas dinner?  Not till after the papers are delivered.  July 4th picnic?  Not till after the papers are delivered.  Vacation?  Got to have a sub for the papers.  It was always there.

And now it isn't.  It. is. done! An I don't know what to do with my self!!! LOL

We provided excellent service to over 70 customers, daily, for many years. We got to know many of them personally since it was the afternoon paper.  I gave them, and our manager, a month's notice that we were leaving.

How many thank you's and good byes do you think we received?

2 cards and 5 verbals.

BS says my expectations are too high. He asked, "Do we give Christmas cards to our mail carrier?"  Why yes, yes we do spouse!!! He looked at me.  Apparently that isn't normal.

Didn't it used to be????

I ALMOST regret all that excellent service and kindness to the nasty customers. But it isn't about the recognition.  It is about customer service and a job well done and the charity, especially to the elderly.

And now it's done.  And I'm glad.

Now I just need to learn what to do with all that time everyday!!!

A good mother would!

No comments:

Post a Comment