Thursday, May 8, 2014

I changed.

Before Lent I was a facebook, blog reading, radio listening junkie.

I was never quiet, never without a screen in front of my face, or noise in the background.

I limited my facebook time and turned off the radio. It took the children 5 weeks to discover that I wasn't listening to the radio. But I noticed it right away. I was annoyed by the silence.

Then through lent, I changed. I craved the silence. Be still and know that I am God is a real need in our lives. I began to notice a change in our house. The TV was getting turned off often. And no one seemed to mind.

I stopped "needing" to be caught up on facebook and all of the blogs I follow. I came to realize that it isn't a need at all, only a very bad habitual want.

Thanks to lent I no longer have this "need". My focus has shifted to the quiet and contemplative. I am changed to work towards being more Christ like.

I rejoice in a fruitful lent because.....

a good mother would!

No comments:

Post a Comment