Saturday, April 27, 2013

opposing emotions

I am weary of the school year.  I am tired of the running and the nagging about homework and the endless check writing for lunch money, field trips, and fund raising.

I want the lazy sunshine of summer where the children will sleep in, do some summer work and chores and then off to the pool we go!  Ah the joy of these past 15 summers doing that routine!!  LOVE. IT!

But with each passing summer my children move up a grade, as most children do.  My daughter will be a junior, one of the most important school years of her life.  Buggie will be an 8th grader. The end of "elementary" school, the last year before the "big time".  And sweet Smoochie will not be in Kindergarten, moving onto 1st grade.  I will officially be done with babies, toddlers, preschoolers and young children.

Can I get the joy of summer without the kiddos moving into the next grades?!?! I'm not ready for the changes that the fall will bring!!!!  Change and joy: I can't have one with out the other, so bring on the summer!  The joy will be worth the change!

No comments:

Post a Comment