Wednesday, April 10, 2013

bringing them home


When I was a child, I LOVED school.  I loved learning.  I adored my teachers.  Most of the time I got along with my friends.

As a parent I LOVE school most of the first semester.  It is exciting to buy the new school supplies (who doesn't love a new box of crayons?!?!)  and new clothes to help your realize how much they have grown over the summer and an end to the sibling rivalry.

The kids will never admit it, but I know they are always excited to see their friends.

That "new school year" buzz lasts till right around Halloween and then the holiday excitement begins and we're all good to the first of the year.  January usually has a lot of snow around here so we get 2 hour delays and the occasional snow day.

Then the long haul until spring break.  8 weeks of cold, dark, homework driven monotony!!!  I start the count down to spring break long before the children do.  This year we didn't travel, so the monotony had no relief. Until I counted down exactly how many school days left till summer.

Thank you sweet Jesus...just 40 days till we're all home for summer!!!!! YAY!!!

No more running here or there after work, no more nagging about homework, no more endless check writing and paperwork checking.... I. cannot. wait!  (don't beat me up homeschooling moms! I know I have no reason to complain, but I'm going to anyway!)

I can't wait to bring them all home for summer!

Just like any

good mother would!


No comments:

Post a Comment