Thursday, February 7, 2013

technological arguing....

My cousin made an obscure comment on Facebook.

It could apply to my mother....but it didn't.  My cousin isn't that brazen.

I liked it because even though I knew it didn't apply to my mother, it sooo easily could.  And it was generic enough that just about everyone on Facebook has had it happen to them at one time or another.

Then my mother had to go and act like a 12 year old and post a comment on the thread...it was UUUUGLEEE!

Said cousin sent my mother a private message to explain that it did not reference her and then posted a comment on the thread that stated same thing.

I am friends with both of them so I was able to follow the whole public conversation and my mother knows this.  And yet she sent me an email to explain it to me.

I replied with very specific instructions on how to avoid this mess next time.

It wasn't received well.

Which is the advantage of technological arguing....I can let the whole thing drop; I'm not going to say more than I should because typing slows my mouth down; and I can let my mother think she has won because I've stopped replying.

A win-win for any good mother!

No comments:

Post a Comment