Friday, February 15, 2013

silence....

I have a very big mouth and ain't afraid to use it!

When I go to confession it is often the one thing that I spend a lot of time making excuses for, examining my conscience for the hurtful words, revealing of secrets and rash judgement that I make regularly. It is an awful, AWFUL! habit that I have been trying to overcome for a long time.

I have made a lot of improvements, with a long way to go.

When I was preparing for Lent, I left my prayer group and I felt it put on my heart, "Be silent".  And then the local radio station played a sermon from a preacher that talked about using "words to build up people because that is why God gave us language.  If you can't do that...be silent".  There have been other confirmations along the way that I know that is what I'm working on for Lent.

I'm a sales person and a mom.  So I will have to work really hard to not have loose lips this lent!!!  But getting virtue is never easy and I want a fruitful Lent, so I'm going to try and keep this on my mind, in my heart, and off my lips for 40 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment