Monday, February 4, 2013

rude people.....

We are trying to sell our house.   We put it on the market Labor Day weekend.  We fixed it all up and moved out.  New bathroom and redone kitchen done by my hard working husband with love and tenderness.

Our house was built in 1968 but it has been maintained really well. We added on so the layout is not standard, but it isn't bizarre. The neighborhood has a good school within walking distance and the street is quiet with a very nice back yard.  What's not to love?

Let's start the litany, shall we?

Shoddy workmanship,
 old windows,
 bizarre lay out,
 priced too high,
 don't like the lot,
 there was a funny smell,
and bad location.

Can you imagine being so rude to say these things about somebody's HOME??? How much it must hurt my husband to hear his castle being spoke of in this manner!!!

It may be a house for sale to you, but to me it is where I birthed 6 babies and raised the living.  It is where we had 4th of July celebrations, birthdays, holidays, and impromptu driveway bon fires with our many neighbors and friends.  We made lots and lots of memories there.

And, you, potential buyer are being rude and disrespectful to us and our house with your snooty assessment and comments.

I am trying to not be vengeful.....  I am trying to not wish them the same comments when they sell their house as we have received them.

And I have vowed that if we buy an existing house instead of building a new one, I will not be cruel in my assessment of someone else's home!

Because.....

a good mother would.....

No comments:

Post a Comment